Flute Q&A #7Aug 16, 2021
Here are the answers to some of your great flute questions asked recently! Gee you ask good questions - and they deserve good answers, so here you are.
In this Flute Q&A...
Older flute players
- Robert asks: Have you found that older players whose fingers might be slowing down are able to improve their speed and accuracy? Are there exercises that might help?
Robert, have a look at this video, if you haven't seen it already: https://www.flute.school/blog/speed-up-your-flute-fingers
Starting high notes softly
- Malope asks: How would you start a high note softly and gently? I’m having some trouble with my attack being too aggressive.
The high note module in the flute academy will help you more Malope. Find out more here: https://www.flute.school/academy
Harmonics on the flute
- Robert asks: Hello, Jane! Quick question for you. I understand that the practice of harmonics is important. Somehow. What is it that practicing harmonics does for us?
Day 8 of The 45 Day Flute Transformation is called How Harmonics Help, and goes into some further helpful detail Robert. Find out more here: https://www.flute.school/academy
Playing jazz on the flute
- Delma asks: Hello Jane. Thank you for your videos. I really enjoy them. My question is could you please demonstrate how to do a 'fall' as in jazz music when you 'fall' off the note at the end of a phrase.
Playing an older flute
- Alison asks: How do you best adjust to playing a much older/less easy to play flute?
Alison you might find this video interesting (comparing my own flute to a cheap $100 flute) https://www.flute.school/blog/100-dollar-flute