Flute Q&A #22: Open vs close holed flutesMay 02, 2022
In this latest Flute Q&A with Jane, you'll learn what you can do on an open-holed flute, what a bass flute is, how to get a clear sound on a bamboo flute, how to memorise your scales and more!
In this Flute Q&A...
Open holed flutes
- Candi asks: What can a flautist do on an open-holed flute that cannot be achieved on a closed one?
Candi, the video called "How to play an open holed flute" is here.
Memorising scales on the flute
- Lee asks: I received an email from Jane about how to memorise scales, now I can’t find it. Can you please send me the link?
For more info on The Flute Academy, click here.
Playing bass flutes
- Sylke asks: Hi Jane, I only started to play the C flute four years ago and never played another one. So I'm wonderring, what's the difference to a Bass flute in playing, holding, etc.? Thanks for your great work!
Getting a clear sound on a bamboo flute
- Andrew Joel asks: I’ve been playing the bamboo flute for 5 months and sometimes I don’t get a clear sound for the high notes. I think it is mainly due to my embouchure being rather round (my upper lip comes forward).
The free mini-course to instantly improve your tone, for anyone who would like to register is here.
Winter flute playing!
- Lance asks: Hi Jane! What do you do to keep your lips from chapping during the winter? This seems to be affecting my tone and I am trying various lip balms. Suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you from Canada