The Flute Academy is not bound to strictly comply with the Privacy Act, but we think it is important to show you what info we collect, what we will and won’t do with your personal info, as well as how we collect, store, and handle personal info.
- accessing our Sites (which includes our website flute.school, our YouTube Channel, online platforms such as Kajabi and includes our mobile apps & presence on third-party applications as well as social media platforms.),
- sending us information (such as an email or enquiry form message),
- buying products & services from us, or
- as set out in our Site and Academy Terms.
Collecting & using your information
What kind of personal information do we collect?
Examples We can’t contact you if we don’t have your contact details. We can’t deliver products to you if we don’t know what address you want the product delivered to.
Depending on how we interact with you, we might collect some or all the following information:
- Contact & social: Name, age, email address, date of birth, postal address, phone number, gender, social media platforms and accounts like Google, images of you, your preferences, and opinions;
- Content & interactions: Contents of communications, stored documents & media, any sensitive information (as set out below), how you interact with our Site, browser sessions & geo-location data, searches;
- Purchases: Purchase history, payment method (through our third-party payment processor), services bought
- Device: Device type, IP address, browser and operating system, device location, network information.
Use: Why do we collect, hold, use, and disclose your personal info?
We have various ways we use your information, including:
- To communicate with you, to market our products and services to you, to tell you important service updates,
- To confirm identity or address, delivery, or payment information to send invoices, take payments or give refunds,
- To provide Site functionality and research including to run and improve our Site
- For marketing, to send you promotional info about us and our products and services and information about third parties we think you might be interested in
- To comply with our legal record keeping obligations or resolve disputes or consider your application to join our team
We may use your browsing history and behavior on our website to personalise and show adverts to you on other websites and platforms. This process is known as retargeting and it helps us show you adverts which are more relevant to your interests.
Opting out: Changing your preferences
You can opt out of marketing communications at any time by clicking on the link in our communications to unsubscribe.
Store: How do we store & secure this info?
To help prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have general physical, electronic & management processes to securely store personal info & protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification & disclosure.
We cannot guarantee the security of any info transmitted to or by us over the Internet.
Disclose: Who do we disclose your personal info to?
- Our employees, contractors, and related entities
- Our service providers, such as administrative subcontractors, delivery partners, IT service providers, storage, hosting and server providers, marketing providers, payment systems operators, and other professional advisors.
- If you are under the age of 18, the parent or guardian that pays us to provide you goods or services.
- Our existing or potential agents or business partners, sponsors, or promoters of any competition we run
- If we transfer our business or assets, the company we transfer to
- Courts or other relevant authorities if you do not pay for our goods or services
- Authorised law enforcement agencies who follow the legally required processes, or in connection with legal proceedings, or our legal rights
- Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who help us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you.
- Third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses.
This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia
Disclosure outside Australia
Some suppliers we use to provide you services are located outside Australia. We may disclose your personal info outside Australia. Overseas third parties might not be governed by the Privacy Act and might not comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. So if those parties breach the Privacy Principles, you aren’t protected by the Privacy Act.
By giving us your personal info, you consent to us disclosing it outside Australia and acknowledge we aren’t required to ensure overseas recipients manage your personal info in line with AU Privacy Law.
Extra information for specific user types
Children will need parent or guardian permission
Music is great for children of all ages but we do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
EU General Data Protection Regulation
You may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) if it applies to you. Please contact us if you have any questions about how we manage your personal data.
Cookies are small text files placed in your computer's browser to store your preferences.
On their own, cookies do not tell us personal info however, they let others like Google and Facebook, push our adverts to appear on your social media and online media as part of our marketing. If you give us personal info, we may link this to the data stored in the cookie.
For example, our kajabi site uses the following cookies disclosed in their Cookie Notice: kajabi.com/policies/cookie-notice
🚨 Web beacons: Do we use web beacons?
Yes, we may use web beacons on our Site from time to time.
Web beacons are small pieces of code placed in a web page or email to monitor behaviour of site visitors and email recipients.
We may also use Google Analytics to collect and process data. For more details on how Google uses data when you use third party websites or apps, please search Google’s site.
Links to other websites
Our Sites have links to other websites & applications that we don’t control. We cannot and do not protect personal info you share with those other websites. Check those other websites for details of their privacy policies.
Yes, we will change this Policy if we change the way we manage your personal info changes or privacy laws change.
When we do, we put the updated policy on our Sites and, if possible, we also notify you via email.
Let us know if you have questions about how we use your personal info.
If the information we hold about you incorrect, please let us know so we can fix it.
We appreciate your feedback to improve.
For questions or notices, please contact us: [email protected] | Last updated: September 2021
Last updated: September 2021