Flute Q&A #11: Playing sitting downOct 25, 2021
Here are 5 of your fantastic flute questions with good answers for you to help you on your flute playing journey!
In this Flute Q&A...
Playing the flute sitting down
- Michelle asks: I've been playing flute for 20 years (32F). Over the past few years I've developed a nerve condition that requires the use of a wheelchair, so standing to play is no longer an option. What is the best seated posture for flute playing?
- Gary asks: How do you trill Bb?
Balancing the flute
- Benny asks: How do I best hold the flute for balance and control, especially while playing the Eb Major scale?
Playing a clear B
- Jen asks: How do I get a clear B third line or first B in your Scottish song?
Chamber music for flute
- Jocelyn asks: Are you able to direct me to sites which feature chamber music for flutes and other combination of instruments at all levels of development?
My favourite website for free flute music Jocelyn is here. For a more extensive selection, have a look Sheet Music Plus here. I also love Tomplay which is play-along sheet music with various accompaniments (even orchestras!). (If you use the code FLUTESCHOOL, you'll get 30% off too!)