Flute Q&A #10 with JaneSep 20, 2021
Come and hear your flute questions answered!
- Sheila asks: How do I get enough breath to be able to play 12 notes either in a phrase or in a scale.
- Nils asks: When I slur from C1 to C2 in the Day 21 Exercise. Can I keep the right hand little finger or do I need to move it to the new support position?
- Libia asks: How do I improve my sound on the flute?
Libia, the free class to explain why most adult flute players improve so slowly can be registered for here.
- Mike asks: When really focused on reading music, I'm not enjoying hearing the song. Are these two separate things- listening to a piece for pleasure, and playing a piece (hard work)?
Mike, the video I mentioned is here.
- Gideon asks: Which kind of flute practice do I have to be doing daily for improvement? Gideon, to learn the exact exercises of proper technique in The Flute Academy, have a look here. And here is the video I mentioned on the tone exercises to avoid.