Flute Q&A #12Nov 01, 2021
Here are 5 more of your excellent flute questions in this latest Q&A to help you on your flute playing journey!
In this Flute Q&A...
Momentum between flute teachers
- Nikki asks: My flute teacher has changed her teaching conditions, price and location, and I have had to stop my lessons. I was preparing for my ABRSM grade 5 exam. How would you suggest I keep up momentum until I can find another teacher ?
The Tomplay link I mentioned is here. (If you use the code FLUTESCHOOL, you'll get 30% off too!)
Double tonguing on the flute
- Bette asks: Are you going to cover double tonguing in The Flute Academy?
Relaxing your limbs
- Janis asks: My hands, air, and mouth all relax or tense up together even when they don't have to. How can I get them to be more independent of one another? Thanks!
The 45 Day Flute Transformation is part of The Flute Academy and there is a whole module on how to identify (and remove) tension from your body when you play.
Practising flute with metronome
- Ronee asks: What is the best way to play with metronome. I find it hard to use and find that I often block it out. Especially when playing a new song. It makes me nervous to use this and I find that I make more mistakes by playing wrong notes.
Flute lessons for kids
- Jenny asks: My daughter is 8 and has been playing the flute for about a year with most of her lessons on zoom calls. She has had a problem with her cheeks until she watched your videos. Do you have anything appropriate for her?